Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Two!

I have another post in progress right now with some exciting news of my own but that'll have to wait because today's exciting news simply cannot be matched. Those of you have not already heard may be wondering what kind of news could cause such unmatched excitement... Well, as of this morning, not one but TWO of our "Find My Family Friday" boys have appeared on the 'My Family Found Me' page!!!

Andriy
Maxim


These two little guys are the ones I have been most baffled about not finding families sooner and I am so happy to finally see their sweet faces up on that celebratory page! I've known for some time now that God must have very special families in store for these two treasures. I don't know who those families are yet but when I do I will try to introduce you to them.

It's been over six months since I've been able to write a post like this. Six months of praying and advocating (and lack of advocating...) and now we have two in 24 hours! Maybe this will be enough to break me out of my blogging funk, although upcoming busyness may hold me back a while longer... Either way, I want to say thank you to all of you who have carried the torch in my absence, tirelessly continuing to yell for these kids even when my voice grew too weak. To everyone who prayed, to everyone who donated - thank you.


To my beautiful baby boy:
From the first time I cradled you in my arms, I could not stop thinking that you were the happiest baby I had ever met! At only three months old you just could not stop smiling and would often fall asleep with a grin still on your face. There is something so precious about holding a sleeping infant in your arms and I so cherished each moment spent feeding you, rocking you and singing you to sleep. I remember fantasizing about slipping you under my lap coat, bringing you home and making you mine. But you had a family coming and I could not have been happier for you. Oh how heartbroken I was when your birth family changed their minds! Yet God has had every detail under control, nothing can stand in the way of His good and perfect plans for you. He hand-picked your forever family and always knew the very day you would go home with them, just as He has always known the very number of hairs on your head. God is writing a beautiful story for you baby and I just can't wait to read how the next chapter unfolds.



Sweet, silly Maxim:
I only got to meet you twice but that's all it took for your sweet smile to forever etch itself onto my heart. Just one of your adorable little giggles and you had me. You have waited so long for a family to call your own but I know that the wait will be worth it. I can't wait to see pictures and video of you running around chasing a soccer ball, wrestling with your papa and doing all the things that little boys should be doing.What a blessing you will be to your family and I pray that you will just continue to grow and to thrive under their love.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am THRILLED as well Andrea!!! SOO HAPPY! :)

patty said...

As soon as I saw these two cuties on the MFFM page, I said, "Andrea is going to be jumping for joy." Can't wait to hear your good news.
Patty

Amy said...

I'm excited to hear your news! How are you?

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

isnt it wonderful xxxx